Our Troop calendar utilizes the calendar in Scouttrack and allows most people several options for connecting directly to them for tracking activities and overlapping it with their personal or work calendars. Here are some ways to stay connected.
iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch:
The iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch allow you to add additional calendars to view on the device. Basically the device takes the Troop calendar and displays it two ways. Either by just viewing the Troop calendar or by viewing the Troop calendar over your personal calendar on your phone. You can change the way the calendar is viewed at anytime very easily. This DOES NOT modify your calendars on the phone in any way. To add the Troop calendars to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch follow the steps below.
2. You will be given a list of different types of accounts you can add, such as Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, etc. At the bottom select “Other.” The next menu will have sections titled Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. In the calendar section select “Add Subscribed Calendars.” The next screen you see will have a prompt “Server” and in light grey you’ll see “myserver.com/ical.ics.”
3. In the prompt copy the following text EXACTLY as it’s shown. (If you display this post on your phone, you can just click on the link.)
4. Select next and follow the prompts. Your phone will search the web and connect to the calendar. And you’re done!
Your Own Google Calendar
Don’t have a fancy smart phone? Why not create your own Google Calendar for other family events, and then add the Troop calendar to overlay your family calendar? On a single calendar, you can view all your relevant appointments without all the re-typing. Follow the steps below to create your own combined calendar:
2. Follow the prompts to create an account, and log-in.
3. Click on ‘Calendar’ from the top menu.
4. Add the Troop calendar to your new calendar: a. Under ‘Other Calendars’ click on ‘Add’ b. Select ‘Add by URL’ c. Copy and paste the URL in the box: