Our Troop calendar utilizes the calendar in Scouttrack and allows most people several options for connecting directly to them for tracking activities and overlapping it with their personal or work calendars. Here are some ways to stay connected.
iPhone, iPadÂ or iPod Touch:
The iPhone, iPad and iPod TouchÂ allow you to add additional calendars to view on the device. Basically the device takes the Troop calendar and displays it two ways. Either by just viewing the Troop calendar or by viewing the Troop calendar over your personal calendar on your phone. You can change the way the calendar is viewed at anytime very easily. This DOES NOT modify your calendars on the phone in any way. To add the Troop calendars to your iPhone, iPadÂ or iPod Touch follow the steps below.
2. You will be given a list of different types of accounts you can add, such as Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, etc. At the bottom select â€œOther.â€ The next menu will have sections titled Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. In the calendar section select â€œAdd Subscribed Calendars.â€ The next screen you see will have a prompt â€œServerâ€ and in light grey youâ€™ll see â€œmyserver.com/ical.ics.â€
3. In the prompt copy the following text EXACTLY as itâ€™s shown. (If you display this post on your phone, you can just click on the link.)
4. Select next and follow the prompts. Your phone will search the web and connect to the calendar. And youâ€™re done!
Your Own Google Calendar
Donâ€™t have a fancy smart phone? Â Why not create your own Google Calendar for other family events, and then add the Troop calendar to overlay your family calendar? Â On a single calendar, you can view all yourÂ relevantÂ appointments without all the re-typing. Â Follow the steps below to create your own combined calendar:
2. Follow the prompts to create an account, and log-in.
3. Click on â€˜Calendarâ€™ from the top menu.
4. Add the Troop calendar to your new calendar:Â a. Under â€˜Other Calendarsâ€™ click on â€˜Addâ€™ Â b. Select â€˜Add by URLâ€™ Â c. Copy and paste the URL in the box: