Troop 811 is invited to cheer runners at the Disneyland Half Marathon on Sunday, August 31, 2014. This is a unique service project which we will be participating with the Cub Scouts of Pack 811. The Troop and the Pack are asked to enthusiastically cheer on runners who are taking on the 13.1 mile route through Anaheim. All scouts who cheer the entire race (3+ hours) will be awarded a free Disneyland pass to be used at a later date.
Siblings and family members are also welcome to attend, but they are not eligible for a ticket. Here are more details from Disney:
- Volunteers must be at least 6 years of age
- Must register by July 25.
- Each scout youth’s identification number or birth date must be provided for the online registration.
- Only Scouts registered in Troop 811 may sign up.
- Full Scout Class A uniforms must be worn.
- The time commitment is from approximately 05:30 am through 09:30 am. The final confirmation letter will give the updated arrival/check-in time.
- Groups who arrive late or who choose to leave the event early may not be eligible to receive Theme Park tickets.
- Scouts from all over Southern California will cheer for the runners in the Disneyland Half Marathon.
- Squirt guns or squirt bottles are no allowed.
- Each participant should bring water and snacks.
- Noise makers are encouraged.
If you are interested in earning a ticket to Disneyland, and are able to cheer on runners for about 3 hours ear chin the the morning, please click here to register through the Pack 811 website. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Remley.